Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Morning Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...piles and piles of snow. I could be living in CT-- except they don't have as much snow as we do!!

I am thinking...it is time to get back out into the world after two months of hibernation. Between my knee injury and the snow, it's been easier to stay indoors and hide. But Joe's wedding is on the horizon (April 24) and I was going to be MUCH skinnier by the time it arrived. It's now or never. Tomorrow I will brave the leftover ice (yes, our street is STILL snow covered) and start taking Sasha out for her morning walks once again.

I am thankful for... my family. My sister and two nieces are here on a four day visit. They came for Ruth's baby shower. Margie's little granddaughter Ryli is here as well. She and Stephen are having fun getting acquainted and sharing toys. The house is upside down with gates and Cheerios everywhere you look. Wonderful bedlam.

I am remembering...I have a speaking engagement coming up as well as seven short devotionals due to The Secret Place magazine. And two weeks to get it together. Sigh.

I am going... to make a cherry pie today in honor of Presidents' Day. Adam and Ruth are coming to dinner, so we will have 10 at our table tonight!!

I am currently reading...Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sin We Tollerate by Jerry Bridges. An outstanding read.

Pondering these words... "But we all... are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."

I keep thinking of a post written by Tim Webster a few days before his precious wife went to be with the Lord: "We want things now. Father, micowave us into being like Jesus. But discipleship doesn't happen overnight and often God forges His children into His image through the long and dark nights of the soul. We must trust His plan and also His timing! When the time is right, He will bring us out of our trial and we will look more like Him when He does.”

No comments: